Thursday, October 25, 2018

Soda Musings

Discovered something about myself the other day.

First some facts:
  1. I enjoy water. Fridge cold, through a straw. Which is a good thing for losing weight. 
  2. I also enjoy soda and in the past I've had issues with drinking way too much (like 5-6 cans of diet per day, yes I know diet is bad for you ty).
  3. I need a drink with dinner and I chug it, drinking 20oz usually by the time I'm done.
  4. I kicked the soda habit for the most part because I was sick of the caffeine giving me headaches if I didn't want to keep up the same quantity from day to day. Usually I drink at least 80-100oz of water per day now.

I can't drink very much soda anymore. I used to drink 20oz at a time and go back for more. Now I pour myself about 10oz in the evenings and usually end up tossing it when it gets flat or makes my teeth feel icky.

EXCEPT if I drink it with meals. I'll still chug my soda then, and the whole 20oz, and I will really enjoy it, the way I used to, not the way it feels when I drink it alone now.


But I don't want to. If I crave soda, I'll drink a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment