Saturday, September 22, 2018

Birthday Blues

Yesterday was my birthday. The blues started the night before when I realized we really didn't have the funds to do what we had planned (uber to dinner with a friend, have drinks, get food for hubby and uber back). I went back and forth on cancelling so many times and eventually we decided we would go anyways and she offered to treat, taking some stress off me.

I woke up on my birthday (number 30 by the way!), having had a dream about a friend from BC (we moved to NY over a year ago and I miss everyone so much that I've been in tears quite a bit lately). I didn't get any messages from any of my BC friends, no facebook posts, no shout out in a small group that I'm still in of a lot of friends, none of my friends liked my birthday post from my mom. Just clearly, I wasn't on any of their minds. They were all on my mind so much as I wished I could be going out with a large group of friends to celebrate my birthday. I know everyone is a parent and busy and I miss birthdays all the time on facebook, but it just hurts so much that not even one of them said anything yesterday.

I'm proud to announce, however, that I did not even think once of sitting down with food and drowning my sorrows.

My local friend and I went out to a new restaurant, that opened yesterday and was owned by the realtor that helped both of us find our homes. He even made a reservation for just us and refused all other reservations. Frustratingly, there wasn't a low point option in the starter menu that he was using for the weekend :( I got a burger and tracked it as best as I could. I didn't finish my kettle chips that came with it and I tried 2 of the risotto bites that we got as an appetizer. I drank water and an apple martini because apparently "you have to drink on your 30th birthday" lol. Not worth the points. I don't enjoy drinking but I finished the one. After that, we went across the street for dessert where I got peanut butter pie and it was delicious but huge. I had about half of it and brought the rest home. I plan to feed it to my kids but I'm not sure when.

No comments:

Post a Comment