Monday, September 24, 2018

Old Program vs Freestyle

One of the biggest differences I see with the original points back in 2010 is that it's much easier to stay in plan away from the house.

When I had a weekend away in 2010, I bought tons of WW snacks and oatmeals and ate those along with the food provided, making choices as good as I could. Dinner has always been one of the hardest for me to track and a provided dinner was even harder. Salad and pizza? That's a rough one to fit in to the points.

With freestyle now, I know that I could have 0 pt eggs and estimate my bacon and toast for breakfast. Or I could have applesauce and fruit for breakfast like I do right now and have a simple 0 point breakfast, leaving more points available for the rest of the day. I know that I could have simple dinner of chicken and veggies for 0 points. I know that a salad without dressing will be 0 points.

The addition of all the 0 point foods means eating away from home is infinitely easier because aside from worrying about not being overly full, you don't really have to work too hard to estimate portion sizes for counting points.

No comments:

Post a Comment