Thursday, September 20, 2018

This is me

It's been a while. Quite a while. I've been back on plan for 11 days now but I was trying other sources of blogging like tumblr. I don't like them as much. So I'm back here and it's gonna be a wave of posts coming in while I post everything here.

I’m a 30 year old stay at home mom/chauffeur to 3 small kids, yes 3 now. They are (almost) 6, 4 and 19 months. I started this blog back when we were trying to conceive our oldest... 7 years ago!

I like video games (world of Warcraft mostly) and netflix binging. I don’t like many forms of exercise and the ones I don’t dislike, I would still prefer to be gaming instead of doing.

I have yo-yo’d up and down multiple times in the last 8 years. Before my wedding in 2010, I lost 30lbs, falling off due to stress after my grandpa died, gaining it all back plus some. After my first miscarriage in 2011, I jumped back on as something to focus myself on and hopefully help us conceive again and lost 30lbs, only to gain it back and never restart after our first was born. A few other times I’ve tried for shorter periods of time and lost motivation.

This time I am determined and I feel like my mind is in the right place. I want to do this for ME, for MY health. It's not just about being skinnier and liking who I see in the mirror.

I don’t want to remove all of the activities that I like from my life and switch to exercise instead, but I’m trying to find a balance. With my oldest in 1st grade and my middle in preschool, I’ve got a few hours with just my youngest. We have registered for a YMCA membership and I will head there to work out while she is in preschool. Fingers crossed the baby cooperates with the childcare there or it will end up just being swimming with him -_-

My extra weight classifies me as obese, though I didn’t feel that big until after our third baby when my joints took a beating.

So, here we go again, for the last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment